Sunday, March 27, 2011

The long road home, sometimes you walk that road alone

    Sometimes you give and give and give and give without realising how much you have given, how much you have sacrificed for others. I have on my mothers side 4 sisters and 2 brothers and I have always thought of us as one nation. don't need no friends because I have my sisters and my brothers to talk to, back me up any time. Nothing I have has ever been too good for them to have and I have never ever let them go without. Never ever. My oldest relationship in the world was broken because chose to stand beside them in an argument over something simple but escalated.  But today I realised that where as I would have the last 1 dollar and give them to ease whatever burden they had, they would never do the same for me and that hurts me to no end. I'm not going to be OK today or tomorrow or the next day but I know how to pick path for myself, and if it is one person who doesn't need company to walk ah road. So I know that I will be ok.
     We live in a world at the moment where its not ok to be hurt, everything should be brushed off, and we move on. Yes life goes on but hurt doesn't stop, there is no way to quantify how long one should hurt, or how deeply one incident affects someone. All I can do all anyone of us can do is try to make the good days outweigh the bad days and not let the hurt consume us. Hurt is part of the development process, just like muscles rip apart and then are healed when we exercise, we experience hurt to help us grow as part of our personal development.

Life, Liberty and Learning.......
    

2 comments:

  1. this sums up exactly how i feel about that "thing that i still cant get over...and still cry about" that you and sammy have supported me with and talked me through,out of, between, over it etc--->We live in a world at the moment where its not ok to be hurt, everything should be brushed off, and we move on. Yes life goes on but hurt doesn't stop, there is no way to quantify how long one should hurt, or how deeply one incident affects someone. All I can do all anyone of us can do is try to make the good days outweigh the bad days and not let the hurt consume us. Hurt is part of the development process, just like muscles rip apart and then are healed when we exercise, we experience hurt to help us grow as part of our personal development.

    i just wanna say that that i'm not perfect all the time.....but i <3 you perfectly...and i understand your hurt

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems as if you me and sammy are experiencing 3 profanely individual hurts and heart breaks right now........and as tight as we are......we cant accompany each other on our respective journeys...i cant even give her a hug or get one from you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...