Monday, August 06, 2012

What to wear to work - Kylie Tie Print Shirt - Blue TM Lewin 1898 AW12

     Ahead of the launch of the new Fresh Look Collection  AW12 by TM Lewin, I was asked to choose my favourite shirt from the collection and it would be sent to me by the powers that be at TM Lewin to review. I chose the Kylie Tie Print shirt, listed on the website as ---> "Blue Dot Print Fitted shirt"  however I was torn between the Melon checked shirt, which I will feature in my next what to wear to work post. I would describe this shirt as a deep blue with a 4 petal flower pattern. The material is durable but as we all know TM Lewin shirts are made with 100% cotton fabric.

      Compared to my other TM Lewin shirts the material for this shirt is a bit lighter, however this is a good thing as it makes this shirt perfect for layering under a blazer/suit jacket/cardigan/vest. The pattern and jewel toned colour of this shirt makes it a versatile piece, it can be worn not only to work, but with jeans on a day out, some linen trousers for a casual look or over shorts and a cami to enjoy the rest of the summer weather. (looks to follow in upcoming weeks)


Packaged 



Material Sample 


Shirt on hanger


Collar
The cuff - cufflinks needed asap


This shirt features:
- a soft rounded collar
- a fitted body shape
- contoured side panel and seams
- double cuffs (shirt needs cuff links, which is why I have not done any looks wearing it as yet)
- this shirt is best washed at 40 degrees Celsius (C)

To view the new collection click here TM Lewin Womenswear AW12  A review on the entire collection will be avilable next week. 


Fashion fades, but style remains eternal. - Yves Saint Laurent

Miss Mai

6 comments:

  1. If this came in men's, I would rock it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I would love to see that, what would you rock it with?

      Delete
  2. :) you reviewed the one I really liked... pity this is not a brand that we see here at home... I would definitely rock it...and it's blue :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this shirt, I have been eyeing it up for a while.

      Delete
  3. :) you reviewed the one that I liked... way to go girlie.. It's a pity that this is not a brand that is carried in stores here cause I'd definitely rock this to work..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...