Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Current Skincare Routine

   I believe that skincare is a very important part of everyday life, whether you consider yourself a high, low or no maintenance person. However everyone's skin is different and because of this some products may not work for others as well as they work for me. The trick is to keep experimenting until you find a combination that is right for you. As you know I suffer from Cystic Acne but I am also a  bit of a picker / squeezer ----> truth moment and my skin scars toooooo easily. Over the years I have tried a few different products, Vitamin E, Tea Tree and Seaweed ranges from the Body Shop, the Garnier Active natural range, St Ives facial scrub (took me 2 years to finish, was so not a fan), Origins cleansing pads. Yea a whole bunch of stuff.




Avene Cleanance Gel - for oily, sensitive skin, this is a light soap free gel, which cleanses my skin very well but doesn't make my skin very dry or stripped. Its a bit thick which means, I have to dampen my hands slighty in order to help spread it around my face. I use this twice daily. 

Avene Cleanance Mattifying facial toner - This is a toner made from Avene thermal spring water, it contains denatured alcohol, it is not stripping or harsh. It contains salicylic Acid which settles at the bottom of the bottle. When I am about to apply this, I shake the bottle vigorously as instructed to mix the powder and then I pour it onto a cotton pad, then I wipe it across my face. I also use this twice daily.

Nivea Daily Essentials Facial moisturiser spf 8 - If you are following me on twitter (@Rebelle01) You would have seen me tweeting about the need to moisturise and protect your skin. This is a light moisturiser which absorbs very quickly, it does not give a mattifying finish, but you are not left  looking like a grease-ball either.  I use this moisturiser if I will be staying at home with no chance of going outside in the sun, or if I want to give my night cream a break.

Nivea sunblock spf 30/ Avene Rich hydrating creme spf 20 - Sunblock this right here is the ace in the hole. Sunblock is the number 1 anti-aging product in your skincare routine. Not only does it help to block out harmful rays from the sun, but did you know that using sunblock helps to prevent spots from getting darker. When you have a pimple and you go out into the sun, the melanin rushes to create a cover for that exposed flesh ----------> leading to dark spots and hyper pigmentation. By using sunblock as part of my skincare routine I have been preventing this from happening. I use this most days that I am leaving the house. 

Avene Cleanance K exfoliating hydrating creme - gel - a light lotion containing glycolic acid, which helps to generate skin cell renewal by ex-foliating the dead skin cells away. This product is not an overnight miracle cream but overtime I have seen improvements with use. 

Method 
I always double cleanse my face and I remove my cleanser using a muslin cloth at night.  

Miss Mai
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...