Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Origami Bandit.......

     Many people don't know me, they might have exchanged words with me here or there, we may hang out, or know some of the same people but they don't know me. They don't know what keeps me going everyday, what makes me get up out of bed, what makes me smile, what makes me laugh, what makes me hurt. Many people don't know ME. Persons may perceive me to be a certain way, but they don't know me. Yes I can be loud, opinionated  overbearing, annoying, that thorn in your damn side, that person that just says stuff. I am that person. 
    
 Though I might be that person I have through the stars of the universe managed to find myself befriended by some of the most talented people alive. Singers, artists, writers, teachers, students, parents, fashion designers, beauty queens, economists, doctors, lawyers, these are people who are just bursting to the brim with talent. Some are limited to one area which they excel, others are multifaceted (yes like the l 'O real hair colour) but all are amazing.  One of these persons is Alex Akande who is Chief blogger over at Origami Bandit, you can check him out here. http://www.origami-bandit.com/blog.html 
   
 I would like to share some of his wisdom as we head into the second half of the first year of a new decade on a new century.  Bandit Theory'. Evil masterminds in movies all seem to have read this imaginary book (though it seems they all skipped the chapter on "ethics").
  • Never step out in an outfit you wouldn't be confident being photographed in. For in your tiny little world, YOU are a celebrity.
  • Your sneakers/shoes should ALWAYS be fresh. Always.
  • Be cool, calm, and always retain your composure. Today, the world just may be counting on you. DO NOT mess it up.
  • Knowledge is power, you should work out more often. Stay smart.
  • Above all, stay cool. Never take yourself too seriously.

Now I take myself very seriously, I will always be the first to admit so I don't know about that one lol but his other points do make sense. Present your best self to the world always. 

1 comment:

  1. these are some key point to live by. They all prove that confidence is key with a touch of humility. These points will get a person far.. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...