Sunday, May 01, 2011

Carnival cannot die, we will never say bye bye.....


Its here Carnival 2011 has finally launched praise to ye Jah RAStahfar-I.

Its here its here Antigua Carnival 2011Officially kicked off last night in the midst of the 44th Annual Antigua Sailing Week celebrations last. night. I tell you with many a baited breath I awaited this weekend, first it was the royal wedding, then Carnival launch and now tonight Myst will "Unveil" their costumes for season 4. One of my friends has a running joke going that if one particular costume which I LOVE does not unveil tonight she thinks I will cry. Which I probably will, but honestly I think its more of a strong possibility I might not play mas this year. Sorry the heart wants what the heart wants. However we can hope that some other costume makes me fall inlove, but I am sure one my girl will just be like Kae-Toya please and come Monday and Tuesday I will be chipping all over St John's sipping on the Belvedere and Cranberry.

Now is where the excitement really begins, and conversations turn to things like, prices please? when can we register? what is new in the package this year? What accessories do you want to get? Are you doing mas makeup? Who going queen show? How you doing your hair for mas? When you buying your stockings? what shoes you playing mas in? We going pan yard? Carnival is sweet eh. I have the biggest smile on my face right now, Claudette Peters is playing on my itunes, the sun is shining.




Jump if you love Soca, tell me you agree, and BRING IT ON.
xx


1 comment:

  1. Keith yearwood1 May 2011 at 14:25

    Nice Article...your spot on as always

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...