Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer House happenings: My Hair care challenge.

     
     For most of  my relaxed hair life, I have maintained my hair at chin length. However last summer I experienced a bit a breakage and  this challenged me  to address the way I take care of my tresses. First on the agenda were the hair care products I stopped using the regular store bought shampoo and conditioners, possessing sodium laureth sulphate as an ingredient. My new hair care regime now consists of using Matrix Biolage shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning mask. For the last year I have been deep treating my hair every 2 weeks religiously. Also I have been drinking copious amounts of water to keep my body hydrated. Since my hair is a by product of my body then I must make sure that the items I put into my body  nourishes it. Hydrated body equals hydrated hair. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_LKGqydL8s

     My Hair regimen consists of combing and de-tangling my hair before I get into the shower. Next I run water over my hair for 2-3 minutes. After this I then apply the first lather, I massage the sides of my hair, then the back and front. I rinse and then repeat this procedure. Next I apply the deep  conditioning treatment to semi dry hair, I then cover my hair with a plastic bag and wait 30 minutes. My natural  body heat allows the treatment to penetrate the hair shaft.  After rinsing the deep treatment out my hair I then blot my hair 90% dry. I spray my hair with some leave in conditioner and I comb that through with a wide tooth shower comb.  After this I spray my hair with some Matrix Biolage heat protection spray, after working this through my hair. I then blow dry my hair in sections, and flat iron. To maintain my hair between washes (remember I wash and deep treat my hair every 2 weeks) I apply coconut oil  to my scalp and I moisturise and seal my ends twice a week every Sunday and Thursday. 


moisturise and seal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuCbZMHwLug&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0_93jySKiM&feature=related


Now my hair health has increased greatly, but now I want longer hair not just healthy hair so I am on a challenge to grow my hair to APL (arm pit length) by new years day.


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. what would you recommend for a male with short hair other than the 8 glasses of water a day?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...