Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: Garnier Body Intensive 7 days Nourishing lotion

What Garnier says:
Is this the right lotion for me?
 if you feel that your skin becomes dehydrated over the course of the day, losing its softness and moisture even when you have used a body moisturiser in the morning.

How does it work?
Intensive 7 days Nourishing lotion is enriched with natural based Cocoa butter and L-Bifidus (Lysate of Bifidus)inspired by probiotics , which have been selected to meet the needs of dry rough skin.

L-Bifidus : A Garnier innovation that helps to prevent moisture loss from the skin surface. Inspired by probiotics, L-Bifidus helps the skin to reinforce its natural protective barrier , locking in moisture. This results in exceptionally long lasting hydration.
Softening Cocoa Butter sourced form the tropically grown Cacao Tree (I never understand why its cocoa butter and not Cacao butter but bear with me), it contains a high concentration of skin conditioning natural oils known to contain antioxidants and smooths skin texture.
- Satiny nourishing texture
-Fast absorbing
-Non greasy

Now onto my review I started to use this by chance actually, I am at home at the moment and I don't have my regular body moisturiser. The other lotion I was using was leaving my skin with a white film on top of it added to the fact it was taking forever and a day to rub it into my skin nil poi. I saw this in my cousins kit where he keeps all his stuff, deodorant, facewash etc. I took it up and saw the title and went steups 7 days my backfoot, anyway I used it, its Garnier and Cocoa Butter how can they screw that up? Used it used it for a few days morning, night and now I am thinking hmmmm this is good stuff. so I read what they had on the back and checked the ingredients.

     In terms of "nourishing" the skin I must say it works really really well in terms the texture, how quickly it absorbs into the skin and it is not greasy, which most of us will know can be the problem with some Cocoa Butter body moisturisers. The weather is changing and my skin is going through a phase right now where it just sucks up everything I put on it and in less than no time it is dry again. It doesn't know if it wants to be dry or not and exams are coming up so that equates to my skin is driving me up the wall.  I haven't had this problem. while using this body lotion. In terms of what it says on the packaging it does that one thing I must say this lotion makes your skin feel lovely and smooth.
     The thing that detracts from this lotion are the ingredients. In most cosmetics, products ingredients are listed by quantity in the product. In this lotion three products jumped out to me palm oil is listed as product number 7, shea butter is product number 10, and Cocoa butter is product number 19. So really this is a Palm Oil lotion with Shea butter and a dash of Cocoa Butter NOT COOL GARNIER. My regular moisturiser is the Palmers Shea Butter Lotion or the body butter and it works really well (could be why this lotion worked so well on my skin). This particular range from Garnier has a Shea Butter lotion as well. I think Garnier deserves a slap on the wrist for trying to dupe us the consumers, it is a good product but what the label says and what we receive are two completely different things.

3* out of a possible 5*

Sidenote:  The Vaseline intensive care Cocoa body lotion and body butter contains more Shea butter than Cocoa butter. Check the ingredients list and you will see for yourself, Shea Butter is listed  higher than Cocoa butter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...