Sunday, April 03, 2011

Summer House happenings: Fight or Flight


Before I go into the depths of this post I would like to say big up to Mister Brumant and those many many many cross country runs that I went on during my 5 years at Christ the King High School. For those of you Who did not attend the esteemed facillity of education that was Christ the King as it is called let me explain. We had to do P. E. at my school it was not optional, everyone from the 1st form to the 5th form had to do P. E. and the first week of  EVERY school year we set out on a mile and a half run affectionately known as cross country. Now realistically it was around the block, but hey the block was a big block, sun was hot, throw in one ugly ass PE uniform and just sheer embarrassment on running on the public road for all man jack to see you made it seem like a very long run.  I did this 2 times a year once was the mandatory PE run and also for the sports day run to give my house points. Fast forward 10 years later and what do you know the lil run came in handy. Last night (this morning) I was walking home from a house party and out of nowhere I heard hey and I looked around and saw this guy, then he starts running off I went. Like seriously  every episode of Criminal minds, Law and order and NCIS started flashing through my mind, I started running full pelt up the road running running running, some serious serious fight or flight had kicked in, looking back on the incident now I didn't even think about it my gut just told me to run and I did. I ran screaming up the street, my brain told me to scream and to run and that is all I did until a taxi driver saw me and stopped and asked me what was going on. Later after I went to show the police where the guy had come from the police officer asked me if i had run all that way and I said yea, she was like umm you know this is a good 1/2 mile right. My roomate looked at me when we got back to the house and asked what if the guy had caught me I looked at her and said he had to catch me first and there was nooooooooooooo way he was catching me. 
xoxo



6 comments:

  1. LoL,You cant say ckhs na teach you nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. bet u run like some pit bull was on ya tail... u right to run see cause these days you never really know who is who

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is scary, I am glad you Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad your ok, but that is scary as hell

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...