Saturday, January 07, 2012

Review - Hairveda Almond Glaze

     So it was week 9 in my 12 week stretch and my new growth was live and in living colour.  Normally I use coconut oil on my scalp, but I found that it was not working. I do not know if it is the weather  if my roots are just thirsty, or the stretching but my scalp was just dry. No matter how much coconut oil I put on it. My roomie suggested that I try "Hairveda' Almond Glaze Natural Hair Pomade", since I had had such good results from using the "Hairveda Whipped Creme Ends in the summer". I knew that almond oil was very rich and moisturizing, since I had been using it on my skin for years, but I had never tried it on my hair. I was game because as we know dry, flaky scalp is not cute. she gave me a tub which she was not using it had in about 1/4 of product left.  





The packaging reads Almond Glaze Natural Hair Pomade Grease. apply to hair as often as needed to help soften and smooth newgrowth, twists or braids. Helps with creating sleek styles with natural type 4 hair. Ingredients include Almond oil, Almond butter, Castor seed oil, and beeswax.

    So I do my do, I used it to oil my scalp, first thing I must say about this product is that it smells Gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeoussssssssss. It has a very light consistency, and it spreads well, think of  whipped butter. After using this my hair felt soft, was very pliable and shiny.  My scalp was moisturized and it was about 4 days before I saw the need to moisturize again. I loved the results from the first application, but I was a bit skeptical that maybe I was making it out to be more than it was. So I tried a few more times and got the same results. 

     I love this product, I consider it very useful especially if like myself you are stretching out your relaxers. I believe this product would be most beneficial to those with relaxed hair from around week 7 or 8 when the new growth really comes in. Going forward I plan to use my pure coconut oil on my scalp from weeks 1-7 and then from weeks 8-12 oil my scalp using the almond glaze. 


Product reviews on the hairveda whipped creme ends and the hairveda green tea butter will follow soon.

1 comment:

  1. I like this content. Very useful to increase my knowledge. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...