Thursday, April 05, 2012

Hair Update: Length Check

A little update in regards to my hair length and how my hair has been progressing. This post is pic heavy so be warned, thanks to everyone who has been with me so far on my hair journey. The pictures are not the best because I took them myself, but here goes. enjoy!!






My picture taking skills at this awkward angle is not the best I will admit. Some things that I have been doing differently. 1. I have been using the Ojon Damage reverse hair care line.  I deep condition overnight with the Ojon Damage Reverse deep Treatment, the next morning I wash twice using the Ojon Damage Reverse shampoo, after that I condition using a mixture of the  Ojon Damage Reverse conditioner + Ojon Damage Reverse serum. 2. Another thing that I have been doing is air drying, I have been air drying my hair since January. 3. When I relax my hair I have been putting olive oil on the ends of my hair to protect them from relaxer run off. 4. I have been going totally heatless, no blow dryer or flat iron. 5. I have been using a T-shirt to dry my hair instead a towel (works wonders ladies/gents try it). 6. I have also been weakening my relaxers before applying to my hair by adding Olive oil to the mixture. Doing this makes sure  that the relaxer is not full strength on my hair, however this has led to MAJOR underprocessing, so I wont be doing that anymore. 

I have really thick hair and doing all of these things have really helped to thicken my hair even more. My hair has even more body than it did before, which I love. 

Next Relaxer date - June 30th

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I've heard of using Olive Oil to protect the ends during a relaxer. I am certainly going to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...