Sunday, January 05, 2014

The Skin Project - Moisturiser

                                                 

The first post of the skin project for the New Year is all about moisturising. 

Moisturising is the process of aiding the body's natural hydration of the skin. Moisturising  prevents the upper layer of the epidermis from getting dry through loss of water which occurs naturally through evaporation. When the water in the cells within the epidermis (top layer of skin) is lost,  the skin tries to pull water from the lower layers of skin. This loss of water  will cause the skin to become dry. When moisturiser is applied to the top layer of skin, the skin absorbs it, the hydrating agents  within the moisturiser helps the water already present within the skin cells. Composition of products along with skin type determines the effectiveness of a moisturiser, ie whether or not the skin will absorb all or some of the product. Eg My skin type - Oily will absorb 50 - 90% of a light moisturiser, but only 30 - 45% of a rich moisturiser.

Since my skin is Oily I tend to go for light and oil free formulas. Price is not a determining factor for me in relation to buying a facial moisturiser. I usually test the products first and if I like how it feels on my skin after it has been absorbed then I will buy it. Sometimes I like it a product after trying it once, other times it might be after 3 or 4 tries the love comes. One thing I wont do is force a product, if it leaves my skin greasy, oily or with any sort of film/coating it is a no no for me. 



My current moisturiser for the daytime is the Origins GinZing moisturiser, which is a light hydrating formula. It has a semi gel like feel, spreads very easily and absorbs very quickly into my skin. After application my skin feels plump and supple without looking greasy. The Origins Ginzing moisturiser layers up easily under my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural and the MAC Studio Fix finish. 

                                         

In the evenings I apply the Boots Botanics Hydrating Night Cream All Bright (pictured above) as my night cream. This product is another face cream with a gel like consistency. It has a bit more body to it than the Origins GinZing, but it goes on light and absorbs quickly. I have been using  these creams for almost 7 months and I am still happy with both of them. 

Happy New Year to you all, for more about #TheSkinProject read posts by the other participants and the creator Lianne @ www.thebrunettesays.co.uk.

Be Re-newed
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...