Monday, March 26, 2012

Review - Olay daily facials express soothing wet cleansing wipes: sensitive skin

    In my February beauty buys I had mentioned that I would be writing some reviews on the  packets of face wipes I had purchased. In the grand scheme of beauty, hair and makeup, face wipes/makeup remover wipes don't come ranked highly on the scale of exciting things to review. However I do believe that face wipes are great, and do serve a purpose. They are useful for removing makeup, refreshing the skin and even for travelling, since they remove the need for packing bottles of face products. At the end of a long day of work whether you have worn makeup or not, I recommend a quick once over with w face wipe, just to cleanse the skin and get rid of the grime of the day. Plus they are guy friendly, excellent for throwing in the gym bag to freshen up. 

What Olay says: 
Olay daily facials express soothing wet cleansing wipes Go beyond effective cleansing to help soothe and nourish sensitive skin.
Olay's velvety smooth wipes have a lift and lock technology to gently sweep away dirt , makeup, and waterproof mascara.
At the same time Olay's conditioners help to enhance your skin's natural moisture.

What I say: Skin Type -Oily, Cleansing Routine - Twice daily. 
    These face wipes worked well enough. They removed my makeup, but not to the point where I would feel comfortable going to sleep without washing my face. The wipes have little bubbled bits which remind me of quilted tissues, I did like the texture. In my opinion the texture, gave a little friction against the skin and aided the makeup removal process.  They left a film on my face which I gather is from the glycerin (the second ingredient). Glycerin is widely used as a moisturizing agent, since I have oily skin, it did my no harm but did me no favours. They do say that all you need is one wiped to cleanse your face/neck/eye area. however most of the times I used these face wipes I was wearing full makeup, I used 2 wipes usually and then washed my face, or but there were times when I used 3 wipes. I do like the fact that they were gentle on my skin and left my skin feeling semi clean but no stripped like some face wipes do. They were not abrasive nor did I have to scrub at my face to get my makeup off. 














These wipes retail for £2.96, 20 wipes come in each packet. All in all they are relatively cheap compared to others on the market, however you do get less product. 
-Would I repurchase?  Yes if it was on sale and all the other face wipes were full priced. 
-Would I ever purchase at full price?  No. 
-Would I recommend?  Yes, for the purpose of makeup removal ONLY.

xoxo
Miss Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...