Monday, March 12, 2012

Review - REN clean skincare F10 Smooth and Renew Mask: a review

        I have oily skin, and in recent years, I have been plagued with blemishes and residual  scarring left from pimples. In October 2011 I broke out with a bout of Cystic acne which took weeks to clear up and left my  entire left cheek very scarred. I have been  on a little kick lately trying out some chemical exfoliants  and I must say they have been working really really well.  The REN clean skincare F10 Smooth and Renew Mask  was originally intended for use by my roomate. She has sensitive skin and wasn't really a fan of the orange peel ( a signal that this mask was full of vitamin C, a key ingredient in most scar reducing lotions and potions ) smell so she passed it to me.  I decided to try this on my oily skin, this mask bless its soul is intended for use by persons who suffer from sensitive skin. None the less it is a chemical exfoliant and I decided to try it and do a review. 

F10 Smooth and Renew Mask




Application - how to use:Apply a generous amount to clean skin. Leave for 10 minutes, Dampen enclosed cloth and gently wipe off mask. Rinse skin with warm  (not hot) water.  

The product has a viscous texture similar to honey, it spreads well and evenly for the most part. The instructions said to leave it on for 10 minutes, I left it on for 30 minutes plus the time I took to walk downstairs and put a load of clothes in the washing machine.  During the time it was on my face, it was quite pleasant, it "dried" a bit, but was till soft to the touch. Removal was quite easy as well, I dipped a muslin cloth in warm/emphasis on cool water and removed from the left cheek (since I applied it there first) my forehead (which is recovering from an allergic reaction to the new Lancome Tient Idole foundation,), the right cheek, then chin/jaw area. 

The results -  my skin felt very smooth to the touch, after I had patted my face dry and allowed the excess moisture to dry. It was not tight nor ashy. There was no crusting or flaking in the areas on my face where my allergic reaction is healing. 

Cons -The size of REN skincare sample products. If you were to get this in a sample size at a counter I would advise that you secure at least 3 of them. REN skincare samples come in 5ml sizes which is only enough for 1 application. I am a firm believer that with skincare/makeup products you need to try them at least 1 - 3 times before you can form a valid hypothesis on whether or not your skin will react. 

The priceA 50ml bottle of this retails for £20.  Yes I know I know £20 to some persons is  relatively alot of money for 1 single item. However it is 2012 and if you want to the good stuff you HAVE to suck it up and pay the money.

ProsThis stuff is great, it makes your skin super smooth and clearer (it actually does).  You do not need to be scraping your face and worrying about getting in the cracks of your nose and hairline as one would usually do with manual exfoliators. It comes with a PUMP, so that just extended the life of the product by 50%. I used 1.5 pumps when I did my treatment. So long run when you look at it you would only purchase this item ONCE a year. 

would i purchase? - yes
would i recommend? - yes
would i buy full priced? - yes 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...