Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hair Update - January 2013




  
     Currently 8 weeks post relaxer, relaxer day undecided either January 25th or January 31st. Current moisturiser Afroveda Unscented hair butter, Sealant  Olive oil. 




Scalp - Sophia's old fashioned hair grease.  






     My new growth is bountiful but was very manageable during my last wash day. I am currently in my sleeping phase, so no new length is evident. For 2013 I will continue relaxing my hair every 3 months, using minimal/no heat practices. I saw the most length retention using these methods in 2013 so I will continue. I had a major trim in September (1.5 inches), and then a follow up trim in November when I relaxed my hair for my graduation. My ends are in good shape, and the overall look of my hair is better, with no scraggly ends, plus my hair is very even now. 

To supplement my hair maintenance practices on the outside I have taken a new approach to maintaining my body from the inside. I have a Brita personal water filter that I take everywhere with me, making it easier to sip water throughout the day. Plus I save loads by not purchasing bottled water. I take Cod Liver oil tablets daily and lately I have started carrying a small container of dried cranberries+ sunflower seeds in my handbag. This little snack is packed full of silica which is good for my hair as well as being a quick and easy much. 


My hair goals for 2013 are fairly simple.

- Retain length pre September 2012 trim (line #3 on Length Check T shirt)

- Wash and Deep condition hair every 2 weeks

- Try Co-washing for retaining moisture.

- Minimal/No heat 

- Bra Strap length for December 31st 2013


Hair Stats
Current length: Just past should length 
Last Relaxer: 24th November 2012
Next relaxer: January 25th or January 31st (undecided)
Short Term Goal: line #3 on my Length check T-shirt by June 2013
Long Term Goal: Bra Strap Length by December 2013
Wish List: Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer
Recent buys: None


Happy Hair Day
xx


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...