Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fairypants Cakes & Cocktails Vegan Lipbalms


Fairypants -  I love the name. 
Fairypants is a home business started by Natalie Pierce - Jones. It started as a a dress making enterprise but has since expanded and now includes jewelry, vegan cosmetics and hair accessories. Natalie sent me one of her vegan lipbalms to review. 


     There are 8 scents to choose from in the Fairypants Cakes & Cocktails Vegan lipbalms. These are Strawberry Cheesecake, Key Lime Pie, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Banoffee Pie, Mojito, Raspberry Sambuca, Amaretto & Cola and Ice cream Soda. I am bit a foodie and when presented with the choices, "I had a rumbly in my tumbly" to quote Pooh Bear. lol  The  lipbalm in Mojito was my choice,  what can I say, I am an island girl ----> mint tea and rum all the way. Along with the lipbalms, I received some samples of the new artwork. For a moment (maybe 5 minutes) I thought they were stickers and I "might" have tried to get the stickers off the page.  lol lol lol I quite like the Mojito as a cocktail and especially with the great weather we have been having in the UK, that has been my chosen cocktail this summer. 

Fairypants Cakes & Cocktails Mojito lipbalm

     The Fairypants Cakes & Cocktails Mojito lipbalm comes in a little steel tin, similar to the sample tins at lush, which I twisted apart to reveal the product. When I opened the lipbalm the gorgeous scent was the first thing I noticed. Scented products should smell like what they say they smell like. 

     In terms of texture, the Fairypants Cakes & Cocktails Mojito lipbalm is quite smooth, which surprised me since the main ingredient is Shea butter. Unless Shea Butter is whipped it can be a bit waxy when applied, which has been my experience using other hair/ body products containing pure Shea Butter. When I applied the Fairypants Cakes & Cocktails Mojito lipbalm to my lips, I had moisture as well as shine and there was no waxy feeling on my lips. The Fairypants Cakes & Cocktails Mojito lipbalm goes on quite light unlike other lipbalms which can be heavy. 

   Another thing which I like about the The Fairypants Cakes & Cocktails Mojito lipbalm is the fact that it contains no petroleum. A girlfriend of mine cannot use petroleum based products and as a beauty blogger, it seems to be my job as the designated ingredients checker. lol lol 

lipbalm applied to back of hand.

Packaging - Simple, easy to carry around, does not take up a lot of space in my makeup bag. 
Product - Easy to use, moisturizes my lips well, and layers up under lipsticks.
Price - GREAT price point £3.99 for an handmade lipbalm is excellent. 

Would I recommend? - Yes
Would I purchase? - Yes
Would I buy full priced? - Yes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...