Monday, November 25, 2013

The Skin Project - My Skin




                                      #TheSkinProject



Hey guys this will be my first post in a 12 week long blog series series called "The Skin Project" started by Lianne over at www.thebrunettesays.co.uk. Over the next few weeks there will be 1 post a week covering a wide array of topics in relation to skin and skincare.


My Skin 
I have oily skin and when I say oily I really mean OIL-EEEEEEEE. My major skin concerns arise from my cystic acne. I had one really bad breakout in 2010 which  lasted for about 2 months. Ever since then I have had reoccurring inflammation in the same area along with other spots. I have always been obsessed with skincare and quite a few of my family members were surprised when I went to Study Economics, Money and Banking at uni instead of Cosmetology. 

While I was at uni a few of my friends were really into skincare a lot of stuff from the Body Shop and my other friend/housemate was into high end skincare, so between all of them I have tried and tested a few things.  L’Occitane, Body Shop – Vitamin E, Body Shop – Seaweed, Body Shop – Tea Tree, Clarins, La Roche Posay, Avene, Garnier Naturals, Clinique I have tried quite a few things on this face of mine. 

Wearing sunblock is imperative for my since I am trying to get rid of some of my acne scarring, and prevent wrinkles from forming, I would like to be as well preserved as possible ladies and gents! In my family it is not dinner/supper if the meal has no veggies.  I eat 1 cup of veggies every night with my evening meal, it is something I have been practicing for over 2 years and it works well for me. What you eat does contribute to your overall health and in turn your skin. 

I take  2 -3  Fish oil capsules every day for my overall health, also I recently found out that fish oil contributes to a plumping effect in the skin, more power to that. I  am a believer in the saying wwhatever goes on in your gut manifests itself in your face." I drink at least 1 – litre of water a day minimum.  I need my body to stay hydrated, due to the fact that I am so active. I can actually tell the difference in my skin when I am hydrated compared to when I am not. Also I don't drink excessively I might indulge more than normal on high holidays e.g. Christmas, Birthdays, Carnival, New Years etc. Week to week my alcohol intake is limited to 2 glasses of wine on a Friday evening and maybe a glass or two on Sunday afternoons with family dinner.  this is just my personal lifestyle choice, the fact that I am not imbibing  excessive alcohol regularly is a bonus for my skin. 

Follow the series on twitter via the hashtag #TheSkinProject.

Have a great evening my lovelies.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...