Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Kae-Toya's Top 10 Hair care must haves.

As a budding hair care enthusiast I have been asked a few questions by friends who have become interested since I recently posted pics on my facebook of my new healthy locs. I must admit even my aunts were surprised with my growth on a recent trip home. So I am sharing with you my fellow girls (and guys) the products which I have used and they have been tried and tested and not found wanting in any way. These are products which I have bought with my own money and used for years. I have black type 4a/b hair (yes them naps).  I relax my hair every 8 weeks and deep condition every 2 weeks.

1. Matrix Biolage colorcaretherapie Delicate care Shampoo (for sensititized/colored hair) this shampoo is sulfate/paraben free and contains organic acai+ argan antioxidant complex.................its the business.

2. Matrix Biolage colorcaretherapie Delicate care Conditioner (for sensititized/colored hair) this also sulfate and paraben free and contains organic acai+ argan antioxidant complex.

3. Matrix Biolage colorcaretherapie Delicate care Masque (for sensititized/colored hair) aka the deep treatment this also sulfate and paraben free and contains organic acai+ argan antioxidant complex. This has is a high dose of avocado oil, followed by argan oil and also acai berry and is a colour fade fighting forumula..............this is a product that you the feel the difference from the first use.

4. Matrix Biolage colorcaretherapie Delicate care Organic Certified oil............this is pure argan oil. I use this after or before my blow dry, or maybe mid week on my ends a dime sized amount I just rub it in my hands and then apply it to my ends and all over my hair.

5. Inecto Pure coconut oil deeply nourishing leave in conditioner...........I spray this in after I have blotted the excess moisture out of my hair.

6. Matrix sleek look smoothing system step 4 Iron smoother......this  is my heat protectant it protects up to 200 degrees and protects from humidity. I used the ghd heat protectant for 2 years before I started using this sleek one and in my opinion the sleek one works alot better.

7. Organic root stimulator Olive oil incredibly rich moisturising  hair lotion.............I've used this is small amounts over the last 3 years but I have finally committed and purchased a bottle to see my through the winter .......( and I got 25% free...go girl its yuh burfday). This is that I used to moisturise my hair twice a week.


8. Fantasia IC pm nightime oil treatment .............I have warrrrrrrrrrrrred with family members over bottles of this stuff. This is one thing that ever relaxed girl should have in her arsenal. It even comes in a travel size so no excuses ladies. This  have been using for about 5 years now. I love this stuff. If  I'm wearing my hair wrapped I spray this on my hair 4 sprays every other night. ( this is the first 2 weeks of my perm)  I also use this mixed with a little castor oil to seal my ends after I have moisturised my hair twice a week. SERIOUSLY ladies if you don't have this you are sleeping on your hair care.

9. Fantasia IC Hair polisher daily hair treatment .............I apply this all over my hair after I have finished blow drying and then I straighten my hair with the flat iron.  this gives my hair a lovely sheen and a sleek smooth finish.

10. Organic root stimulator coconut oil ................... this is what I use to oil my scalp twice a week the same time that I moisturise and seal.

These products have been my staples for the last year I  some longer than a year and they have worked brilliantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...