Thursday, August 04, 2011

Tuesdays child is full of grace......

"The history books are full of stories of gifted people whose talents were overlooked until someone believed in them. Einstein was four years old before he could speak. Isaac Newton did poorly in primary school. A newspaper editor fired Walt Disney because he had 'no good ideas'. Tolstoy dropped out of college. There's a lesson here: people develop at different rates. To motivate them you must always be on the outlook for hidden capacities. Your words create an environment in which people not only discover their gifts, but also develop and excel in them."


This paragraph was part of my daily devotion for today, and it touched me deeply. I always say I am not a strong person by choice, but rather necessity. I find myself usually being the sounding board for my friends problems, at times the negativity is drowning. However I know that at times we all need someone that one person to listen to us, even when we think we don't make sense. We do need that reassurance that having another person just listening to us can bring. 


One of my friends told me today that I am not graceful ( I was likened to a bull in a china shop) in regards to the way I interact with others. Intense and full on were words thrown around in the conversation, and though I know my feelings were not meant to be hurt, they were smarted. My theory is simple there is greatness in ALL of us, and everybody needs that one person who sees the greatness in us. That one person who listens that one time, that one person who realises that something is wrong, that one person who is strong for us when we do not want to be strong for ourselves, that one person who can stop us from getting in our own way. If you are in someones life you must be adding value not taking away, and like the daily word says there are many people who are overlooked until that one person believed/saw/recognized/ encouraged the greatness in them. 


I want to be someone who adds value to others, not take it away. 


Be the light that shines ever brightly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...