Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hair-iversary

     In between Biffy Clyro and Beyonce I realised that it has been a year since I have been on my hair journey August 28th 2010, "confetti in the air". I haven't posted any pics all summer because I wanted to take a break so I could really check the length against my last set of pics which I have uploaded. It wasn't always smooth sailing, at first it was a real chore to deal with my hair and get the routine going. The products I had to throw away/stop using,  stuff I had to buy.  It was a real investment I had to make going in, not only financially (£10 on a shampoo whew) but time wise, and knowledge wise. I really wanted my hair to grow and grow as long as it possibly grow, go the distance so to speak. I know so much about hair now, my attitude towards hair care has completely changed. Not only relaxed hair but natural hair as well. My roomate has been on her hair care journey as well at this time and she is natural. So it has been good being able to bounce ideas off of her and get advice etc. Mishaps have happened my hair completely reverted whilst I was home on summer vacation. Humidity tried my patience no end, leave in conditioner is my "best hair friend" lol.

Second half of the 2010 -2012 hair journey starts in 33 minutes (its currently 11:27gmt).

For this second year I will be embracing more protective styles. I am not totally going to be wearing my hair in protective styles 100% of the time but I am aiming for 90%. The first 2 weeks after a relaxer I tend to wear my hair down, but I am going to be wearing it up more. Also I will be using different products during this leg of the journey. I think that the Matrix products that I was using in the past my hair has benefited, but now I am able to try new products since my hair is in a really healthy state. When I started this journey I was a year into recovering from damaged hair, in terms of dryness, and slight breakage. The Matrix products were lovely full of Argan oil and avocado oil. However I think that I am at a stage now where I can use other things. Going in for the next leg of my healthy hair journey I will be using Elasta QP products on my hair.
Elasta QP stop action shampoo
Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair
Elasta QP Intense fortifying shampoo
Elasta QP olive and mango butter moisturiser (3tblspoons of olive oil added and mixed in thoroughly, or 2tblsppoons olive oil + 1tblspoon of castor oil)
These are the products which will make up the base of my regimen. I will continue  using my coconut oil to moisturise my scalp, my olive oil to seal my ends (spray my hair occasionally), Infusium 23 leave in conditioner, Matrix sleek heat protectant. Will continue to wash my hair and deep condition every 2 weeks, moisturising and sealing every week minimum 2 days a week (possibly every other day during the winter). Also I will be stretching my relaxers from 8 to 12 weeks  (3months) at a time.

Thank you for all the support, questions, suggestions over the last year and thanks in advance for all of them to come in the future.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...