Monday, May 21, 2012

Review - Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl smoothing Creme




What they say
    Smooth a small amount throughout damp or dry hair. great for all hair types. Excellent for styling twists, curls and braids. (Top three ingredients are Distilled water, Cocoa Butter, and Almond oil.)

What I say
      I have had success with products from Darcy, since I had tried the Pumpkin Seed curl moisturising conditioner before as a pre-poo and loved it. Okay I admit I did not use a small amount on damp hair, I used a bit more than I think I should have in retrospect. However I must say this was great on my relaxed hair.  I used it as a leave in and it detangled my pretty matt hair quite well (decided to wash my hair over the side of the tub ----> big mistako).  used it directly on my hair after washing without my usual Infusium 23 leave in conditioner spray + Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Reconstructor.The next day my hair still felt soft and moisturised. This is a thick cream, but its moveable not as stiff as the Elasta QP Mango butter. 
       Very appropriate for the Spring/Summer do whatever you like weather we are having here in the United Kingdom at the moment.  If you are the type of person who is heavy handed when using products or someone who does a full moisturise and seal every night. This is not a product to purchase unless you were prepared to make the investment or purchase them when they are offer.  This product is £12 for a 8oz bottle, not recession proof at all. However a little goes a long way, my hair is just past shoulder length so the bottle I have should last me a while. Added to that I have a pump on my bottle so that has increased the life of my product x2. Plus I only moisturise and seal my hair fully twice a week. (that works for me, and my hair) 

Would I purchase? - Yes
Would I purchase at full price? - Yes (I would suggest to those intending to use these products as staples,  to save up and order when they have their big blow out sale/ black friday sale.)
Would I recommend? - Yes


For a picture of the Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Creme check this link Sweet Cocoa Bean

Miss Mai
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...