Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Skincare Edit - The Budget Friendly Version

The idea for this post struck me today when I was at work. One of the ladies and I were speaking about the summer sales and items we could purchase now to use as gifts for birthdays/Christmas.

 It came to me that with all the hype about the Emma Hardie Cleansing balm, the P50 exfoliating toner and the PIXI glow tonic. Where are the options for those who want to try these products but just do not have the money to buy the cult products. 

I recently posted my Skincare edit (which is subject to change so there will be updates soon), so I am writing this the Budget friendly version of my skincare edit. This would have been my skincare edit a year ago when I was a student, strapped for pennies.

Makeup Remover - L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution 

Cleansing Oil  - L'oreal Cleansing oil (please remember this does have in mineral oil)

Cleanser morning - Neutrogena 2 in 1 cleanser & Mask 

Cleanser evening - Botanics 97% Organic Hot Cloth cleansing Balm 

Exfoliating toner - La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Lotion 

Hydrating toner - Botanics 100% Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz 

Serum - Avene Soothing Hydrating serum 

Sunscreen - Bioderma Photoderm Spot Cream SPF50+ 30ml
or Avene very high protection mineral suncreen spf50+ for very intolerant skin 

My current skincare edit is £125 in total. The budget version above total costs equal £85, at the moment a lot of these products are on reduced price offers, so the total would be even less. I recommend when purchasing skincare you buy one item at a time. eg when your cleanser finishes, then purchase a new one,  not before. Do the same in turn with each skincare item. Unless your skin is in a bad way, I would never suggest purchasing an entirely new skincare regime at once.  I love a bargain and the frugal person in me would never let that happen. I will stick to purchasing one at a time as items finish.  I hope that you guys find this post useful. 


Comment below and let me know if you have used any of the products above in the past. 
Happy Wednesday,
my lovelies.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...