Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Joules Hampton Womens Quilted Jacket




Since purchasing my Joules Wellies last year. I have made it a habit to stop by the Joules website here and there to have a look at their products. Though I have been familiar with the brand since my college days, I have never purchased anything before my wellies. If you follow me on twitter you would have seen a few tweets from me inquiring about the fit of the Joules coats/clothing. I ordered the Joules Hampton Womens Quilted Jacket in Marine Navy from the Joules website. Then trooped to John Lewis in Leicester Highcross Shopping Centre to Joules on Monday evening, with the intention of trying on some jackets to get a feel of the fit. From the website it appeared that the Hampton Quilted jacket was shorter in length than the Oakwood Quilted jacket. 


Lightweight quilted blazer - Front 

Lightweight quilted blazer - Back

It was just my luck that there was a Joules Hampton Womens Quilted Jacket in size 8 on the rack and the fit when I tried it on was not too bad. It was long enough to come down a few inches on my hips which for me is adequate coverage. The only thing I am not 100% sold on is the blazer like lapels. This means that since it is a 2 button jacket, there is not as much coverage as I would ideally like in the upper chest area. Joules describes this jacket as being full of small town charm and big city style. The funky floral lining, and blazer like details are distinctive town elements,  whereas the quilting and corduroy bring the country. 


Printed contrast lining 
Decorative assorted  buttons 

Corduroy pocket detail

Single back vent

Button fastening 

Assorted buttons on sleeve and branding embroidery


This jacket would be a great gift for the autumn/winter weather, as a birthday or Christmas present. Plus let us not forget the super bargain price  £39.95 vs the RRP of £79.95.

Here's to winter warmth and super savings, 
my lovelies.
xx
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...