Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Birthday Presents - MAC Stuff


I received a MAC makeup lesson as a birthday gift. The lesson was £50 and then afterwards I was allowed to redeem that amount in products. The makeup lesson was an hour and a half long, in the back room with all the bright white lighting that makes your skin look amazing.  The MAC lady went through skincare, prepping skin before makeup, foundation application, highlighting and various other processes with me. She had a look at my skin, and thought that it was a bit dehydrated (which was true) otherwise there were no major concerns. I enjoyed the lesson, and I picked up these products to add to my collection. 


My haul, lol 
Magenta liner, Moisture cover concealer in NC45, Flat out Fabulous - Lipstick , Blucsh - Ambering Rose

This lipstick colour is just tooo gorgeous.

Great blush for summer outings and photos. 

There is a bit of a back story here, this gift was for my 2013 birthday. I got the  voucher in July but the MAC concession in Leicester Highcross where I originally wanted to book in. They could not fit me in unless it was during the day, which was no good for me since I would be at work. Also that MAC concession they do not have any lessons or makeovers on Saturdays because they are too busy. So I booked in at the MAC store in Nottingham, with my weekend schedule and their availability I only had the lesson about 3 weeks ago. (Yup from July to December) another person might think wow that is long for just 1 booking, I like the fact I had time to pop into the store, look at the products, choose my lipstick. Also I was able to look at my current makeup collection and see which items I needed to upgrade / add. 

Something similar happened last year as well. My brother bless his soul gave me  a MAC gift-card as a Christmas present. (MAC gift-cards are quickly becoming his go to gift  for all his sisters I have noticed.) Did I immediately go out and buy the first thing  I saw? No, I waited until I had a MAC item that finished then I replaced it. This time the item that finished (in April) was my MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural which you all know i am in very very very deep like with. For me the wait is a bit of a strategy as well as a saving mechanism.

This post is a bit of a ramble but I say all of that to say this. Sometimes it is better to hold out and wait to get those few items that you absolutely love. Even if you have to try them 4 times just to be sure. 

Have a great day my lovelies.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...