Monday, January 13, 2014

The Skin Project - Face Masks and Treatments

#TheSkinProject





Hello lovelies this post is a day late but could not be helped I'm afraid. I have been lain up in bed all weekend with all sorts of aches and pains accompanied by horrendous sneezing. Not to worry I am feeling  much better after plying myself with vitmain c, water and Innocent Smoothies all weekend. While I am on the mend, I thought I would write up this weeks entry for #TheSkinProjectSeries.

This week the skin project started by Lianne over at www.thebrunettesays.co.uk is all about face masks and treatments. I must admit that I do not have many treatment but I am someone who loves a face mask. High or low money is not a deciding factor when I purchase a face mask or treatment, I am in for the results aka the way my skin feels after I have applied the treatment/mask.

Face masks are used to treat a host of skin ailments, combat ageing,  provide moisturising/hydrating properties and some even offer gentle exfoliating. The number of active ingredients in facemasks vary according to skin type and remedy.

Due to my skin type being Oily/Sensitive and Blemish prone I tend to stick to clay based face masks and chemical exfoliators. However there is alot of love in my heart and space on my potions counter for the Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Face Mask, especially now during the winter months. I find myself popping it on here and there during the week to give my skin a quick boost.

My Favorite Clay masks:

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay mask - My absolute favourite from the bunch. This is highly effective as a spot treatment.

                                                         Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask


Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask - Don't sleep on the Avon skincare, they currently own Liz Earle. This is a light clay mask, great for drawing spots to the surface.

                                                                     Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask

Superdrug Mud Therapy Aloe
                                                               
These three are my favourites honorable mentions go to the Origins Active Charcoal Mask, it was nice but I can live without it in my skincare routine.

Treatments:

REN F10 Smooth and Renew Mask - this is a gentle chemical exfoliator.

                                                           


REN Glycolic Mask - This is a more suited to my oily blemished skin. It has a strong citrus scent. It is a bit stronger (stronger is a fluid term) then the Smooth and Renew mask but just as lovely if not even more so.

                                                           


Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel - A cult beauty product for a reason. The results of this are clearly evident withing the first few uses.

                                                                  

My skin slways has a very soft and plump feeling after a treatment with one of these chemical exfoliators. Products absorb better and the difference in makeup application is evident. I tend to treat my skin with a mask on Sunday and a chemical exfoliator on a Wednesday. That way my skin gets some recovery time in between two deep treatments.

Here's to hoping that you guys,
 are having a great new year so far.,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...