Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Review: Avon Advanced Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil (hair care range)





       These are the three products which I own from this range (hair mask, shampoo and conditioner  I opted not to purchase the hair oil since I had a bottle of Argan oil in my stash. After my run in with the Ojon Miracle Elixir serum (whatever they want to call it) I am just not on the oil hype. Give me some organic cold pressed Almond oil/Coconut oil/Olive oil from health food shop, my pocket and hair will both thank you.  I know that Argan oil is supposed to be one of those cure all products of the hair care community. However I find that many products sporting the Argan oil tag are full of silicones. 

     I too wanted to try the Morrocan Oil products but at an average of £20 a product, with 5 products in the core range. To my and my pocket that was a bit steep for a product which could not be tried or tested. (Someone needs to tell Morrocan oil to make a sample kit including the shampoo, conditioner, and both the restorative and hydrating masks). Enter stage left while I was browsing online I went on the Avon website to peruse the offers and came across the launch of the "Avon Advanced Techniques 360 Nourishment  Moroccan Argan Oil" hair care line. Immediately I was intrigued and after a few weeks I ordered some products through my Avon lady. 

     The products themselves were not overly expensive,I bought the 250ml shampoo, 250ml  conditioner for £1.10 each and the hair mask for £2.50. Yup three full sized products for less than a fiver. Now I was not prepared to be blown away or anything, I mean it is Avon we are speaking about here. In the end I was more than impressed. The shampoo had a pearlescent colour but the formula was opaque like a good shampoo should be. It cleansed my hair, but did not strip it or leave it feeling like I had not washed it. My hair felt nourished, not hydrated but nourished. Next up the hair mask this had a nice thick formula, as one would desire in a hair mask but it spread  well, and coated my tresses. When I detangled my hair using my shower comb it gave good slip and I was pleased. I left this on for 40 minutes and then rinsed. After this I applied a blob of the conditioner and combed that through as well. The conditioner has a slightly less thick formula compared to the hair mask, but it complimented the hair mask well as a finishing product. 

I must say that even the packaging design I was very pleased with. Kudos to whomever designed the bottles they are very eye-catching and sleek. The bottles which have a slightly inverted shape fitted quite well in my hand.

The results: My hair felt great, I was pleased with the results of my wash day experience. 

The Price: On these products are amazing. Great quality for the price point. On offer you could purchase the entire line for less than £12. Full priced all four products still come up to less than £20. 

Cons: Like the Morrocan Oil range the Avon Advanced Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Oil hair care line does not sell a sampler kit.

Pros: These are great products, price, product, packaging and availability these products are winners. 

Would I purchase? - yes
Would I recommend? - yes
Would I buy full priced? - yes 

2 comments:

  1. Great review Kae-Toya... would love to give it a try after reading your review :) Argan oil health benefits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try, it is really nice. I used them today to wash and deep condition my hair.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...