Monday, February 25, 2013

What to Wear to Work: Hand bags

This is going to be a fairly short post. A hand bag for work should be in a neutral colour if one thinks Black is too boring then try (Navy/Tan/Grey/Cognac/Camel) it is my own personal belief as well as that of my mentor. Your first hand bag for work should definitely be an investment piece, therefore you should be willing to spend a bit more. That extra cash that you are spending enables you to go for quantity over quality. It is better to have 1 good bag that lasts a long time, than 20 cheaper bags which do not stand up to the wear and tear of your every day life. 

      When it comes to handbags for work there is only 1 bag which I would recommend to anyone, especially my recent graduates. The Zara Braided shopper 3 years going and still a best seller!!!! Yes I own one of these and I love it more and more with every use. The one I own is blue however it comes in Black and Tan as well, which makes it suitable for a work day hand bag. I am soon to invest in the Black as well as the Tan, hey a good thing is a good thing. 

Zara Braided shopper 
     This bag is made from 100% Buffalo Leather. It is  fairly large (I won't lie) quite roomy and spacious inside, it fits a 15.3 inch laptop inside with a lot of room to spare. The dimensions are 16.2 x 20.4 x 9 inches. If you like the shape of the bag but prefer something a bit smaller. Zara also offers the Mini Leather Tote bag which has the same shape as the Braided shopper but smaller dimensions 16 x 16 x 5 inches. I would be the first to admit it is not the most fancy bag in the world, but when you are going to work, your bag should be functional and not fashionable. Sometimes less is more, dressing for work is one of those times. 



                   Zara Braided Shopper A/W 2011
Notes 
Please be advised that upon further research (I went to the store and tested out the mini shopper, aka I packed it up with some of the stuff I normally carried in my Braided shopper after putting in my purse/coin purse/makeup bag/water bottle the mini shopper was full and looking very bulky.) I can inform you that the Zara Mini Tote is for those among us who TRAVEL VERY LIGHTLYIf you are the type of person who likes a handbag which can carry your whole house and the kitchen sink, the Braided shopper is the way to go. 

I have found a few other bags which I can suggest as handbags for work, if one was not too inclined towards the Zara shopper.

Clarks Trade Point - "A classic Tan lather shoppper style bag which can be work on the shoulder and goes with everything." Clarks --> Trade Point by Clarks

Clarks Tora Hill - "This fashionably chic womens bag features subtle tailoring and soft leathers. Painted edges and Clarks branding to finish the look, and its versatile styling means it can be carried with grab handles  or work on the shoulder or across the body." Clarks   --> Tora Hill by Clarks

River Island has few offerings as well the three bags below are my top picks  

River Island Black Leather Bowling bag - "Black is always in style and in the form of this bowler, you've got your everyday bag sorted! with chic structured design and two strap lengths, this bag is super functional." River Island  -->  check it out

River Island Cream Metal Edge Leather Bag - "Every girl needs a luxe leather bag in her collection so try this Cream metal edge leather bag with zip front detail, two handles and zip fastening." River Island   --> check it out

River Island Grey Structured Leather Bowling Bag - "Polish off you look with the Grey structured leather bowler bag. In super functional size without sacrificing on style - this features gold tone hardware and two short straps." River Island  --> check it out

For the really good stuff aka designer look, leather bags without the designer price tag, my search took me to Marks and Spencers. Yup this Institution is still bringing fashion and quality to the masses. These bags were my top picks 

Marks & Spencers Autograph Leather Faux Snakeskin Design Shopper Bag  ---> here

Marks & Spencers Leather Crocodile Skin Tote Bag --> here

Marks & Spencers Autograph Leather Capston Stud Bowler Bag --> here

Marks & Spencers Autograph Leather Faux Snakeskin Design Tote Bag --> here

Marks & Spencers Leather Crocodile Skin Print Bowler Bag --> here


"Fashion fades by Style remains eternal." - Yves Saint Laurent          


Thanks for reading my lovelies.
xx      

2 comments:

  1. i love it..............but my mom permanently borrowed it.............but they have a spiked one and now being since I'm freelancing it'll work..........i got quite a few compliments on the black

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my lol she has done you wrong. The bags are lovely. I am eyeing up the black and the tan.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...