Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wash Day - 25/02/2013



     This Snowing, frosty weather has had my scalp going crazyyyyyyyy. I was trying to hold out until Saturday which would have made 2 weeks since my last wash/deep treatment/roller set but I could not take it any more. The scalp at the front of my head has descended into a pile of large crackly flakes. If you know me I am not about that dry, flaky head looking life. 




     To wash my hair I used my Avon Advanced Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan oil Shampoo. I had separated my hair into two parts front/back after de tangling  I applied the shampoo to the front of my hair and then massaged it into my scalp. After what I deemed a sufficient enough time I rinsed the shampoo from the front f my hair. I then applied shampoo all over my hair and proceeded to wash my hair in its entirety. 

     After rinsing the shampoo from my second wash. I applied my  Avon Advanced Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan oil Hair mask (deep treatment conditioner) working from the ends up the hair shaft. I also applied some of the hair mask/ deep treatment conditioner to my crown and around the edges of my hair. After combing that through I covered my hair with a plastic bag (I think it was from tesco) and then wrapped the entire concoction with a large towel to trap the heat. After 40 minutes (aka 1 episode of Blue bloods, check it out great show) I rinsed the hair mask/ deep treatment conditioner from my hair.

     I then applied some of the  Avon Advanced Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan oil Conditioner throughout my hair and then rinsed it out. Next I towel blotted my hair sprayed it with my Infusium 23 Maximum body Formula leave in conditioner, followed by my Doo Gro Leave in Growth treatment  (aka my bootleg Aphogee Green Tea  and Keratin Restructurizer, check it out ingredients are nearly identical, plus it is half the price and has more in the bottle), then my Matrix Sleek Look Iron smoother (Heat Protectant). I de-tangled my hair and then blow dried it on low heat, then I applied some Hairveda Almond Glaze to my scalp and massaged it in for about 2 minutes. I asked my little sister to flat iron my hair for my using my vidal Sassoon 2 inch ceramic hair straightener. 



     After allllllllllll of that I applied some ORS Deep moisturising Hair lotion into my palm and mixed it with a bit of Almond glaze, a few drops of Almond oil and applied that all over my hair. This morning my hair was suuuuuuuuuuper soft and lovely. 

Notes
  - I am still going heatless/no heat for 2013/ airdry/ roller set, I flat ironed my hair to do a length check, since I had not done one in such a long time. Currently my hair is at the #2 line on my length check t shirt. 

 - The DOO GRO Leave In Growth treatment comes in a pop top bottle.  What I have done is to decant it into my EMPTY Aphogee Green Tea bottle, this decanting products into spray bottles give them a much much much longer life.  see picture below.



Almond Glaze my review -->  Almond Glaze

Organic Root Stimulator Deep Moisturising Hair Lotion my review--> ORS Olive Oil Hair Moisturiser

Almond Oil --> Almond Oil (I need to check this out, because the website says it is Almond and Wheat Germ Oils, But the label on the packaging lists Almond Oil as the only ingredient.) 


Hair Stats
Current length: Line #2 on my length check t shirt
Last Relaxer: February 2nd 2013
Next Relaxer: April 27th 2013
Short Term Goal: line #3 on my Length check T-shirt by June 2013
Long Term Goal: Bra Strap Length by December 2013
Wish List: Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer, Grapseed Oil
Recent buys: Almond oil 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...