Sunday, June 09, 2013

Style File - Zara Twill Bermuda Shorts

As an Island girl born and bred, I believe that it is my human/constitutional right to wear shorts. It is in an amendment somewhere, right next to the one that allows me to just be this fabulous all of the time. Shorts prices are a sore spot with me though. I find it very hard to pay these house and land price retailers charge for them. If I pay 30 - 40 for a pair of full length trousers, then WHY so do I have to pay the SAME amount or there about for shorts which in fact use 1/5 less material? 

Then material comes into play, I am not one for the sisters poly&ester. I am down with Cotton, Silk, Wool, I will pay for. These poly/cotton blends are not the one, yet they are very prevalent in mainstream clothing at the moment.

  I digress back to the shorts. I love a short, Zara has these 100% Cotton Twill Bermuda shorts on sale at the moment at the grand price of  wait for it £9.99. Can you say BARGAIN!!! They are available in 3 colours listed below. I have seen similar shorts available from Jack Wills and Hollister carrying hefty price tags of £39.50 - £40.

Twill is a type of textile weave with a pattern of diagonal parallel ribs. A twill weave is the second basic weave that can be constructed on a simple loom. By nature twill is a durable fabric commonly used for work clothing, uniforms and upholstery  it is made to endure numerous washing's and still remain intact. Examples of twill fabrics are chino, tweed, gabardine  serge, denim, and drill.

Image 1 of TWILL BERMUDA SHORTS from Zara
Navy 

Image 1 of TWILL BERMUDA SHORTS from Zara
White 

Image 1 of TWILL BERMUDA SHORTS from Zara
Beige 

Photo credit: Zara 


I need to start counting my sheckles so that I can purchase a few of these for myself. 

Ta Ta my lovelies.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...