Monday, October 04, 2010

MYST BODY 2011: #1

Well  I made it through I have just crawled back into bed after a workout/jogging session/breakfast of champions. Yes back to bed why, because im sick like a dog and my bones are aching. So today kicks off the first day of the MYST BODY 2011 aka "Fit for mas Fit for life" plan. Now before anyone start getting high-faluting the facts are that there are skinny people walking around who are full of unhealthy organs and diseases that are manifesting within their bodies because they are not active enough. Black women we collectively like to look good but we don't exercise enough. Also we are not catching diseases as easily as persons from other races but we are dying from these diseases in record numbers. I have always been an active person, ran track in high school, did some basketball once upon a time, learned to play tennis, and in college I was on the football team-(DEFENSE left back) now I'm in university my sport seems to be spectating lol. Now don't get my wrong for the last year I have boycotted the buses in favour of walking to uni that is a 30-45 minute walk  both ways depending on weather conditions. It adds up to 1-1.5 hours daily, plus I walk everywhere even to town which is a good 4 miles. So on a typical Saturday I could put in 8 miles walking to and from plus the extra running around when I do get to town.

This little spurt of excitement however is no totally of my own making. My room-mate has decided to start training for a marathon (yes the whole 26 miles) and asked me to come along and train with her for  moral support. Plus I thought wow I can really jump-start my fitness plan early just in case I am able to go home for summer 2011. Today was the first day and we both overslept by an hour. I vaguely remember my phone going off and the touch screen not responding so I went back to bed and left it alarming..........oh well. The jog was not bad at all my lung were really working well and though it has been nearly 12 years since I was an athlete (lite) those days running all over cedar valley gold course came back to me. After the jog we had breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal with raisins to sweeten and fresh strawberries, a small glass of a smoothie and a cup of green/black tea.

will keep you updated as time goes by.

3 comments:

  1. nice -- post pics as you go along-

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please so post pics. That will actually motivate others to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i agree post pictures...............and routines etc so we can follow along

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...