Friday, November 12, 2010

Autumn House happenings: For Coloured Girls in 2010

So I watched "For Coloured girls who have considered suicide when the rainbow is enuf" I wasn't moved or inspired or overwhelmed. When the film finished I was angry and resentful that 30 years later as coloured girls that story is still our story. The same things occur and even in a higher proportion. How many people do we know that say " I only like light skinned guys" or "I only like light skinned girls". How many of you guys have seen your boy put his hands on his woman or his children and have told him he is wrong? Look at all the teenage pregnancies we see day to day it is like an epidemic. Last year I lost count of the amount of under-age girls on sex tapes I saw. This movie didn't show me anything I don't already see everyday. Women sleeping around under the guise of sexual liberation, when really all they are doing is becoming a sperm bucket for the next person lined up to take their worth and these women are content to just give it away for free. The dance teacher that got raped by someone she knows, not the big bad stranger she thought it would be, doesn't it go to show that bad things happen to good people. ( Didn't anyone already know this?) The husband who was not gay "just a man who liked to sleep with other men " ladies we know about men on the downlow. I didn't get it but maybe "Being coloured is a metaphysical dilemma that I have not conquered yet...." -A coloured girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...