Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hair Update

      My last relaxer was in September after a 3 month stretch, I am exactly 8 weeks post relaxer. Stretching my relaxer for 3 months instead of 2 months definitely  worked in my favour hair wise. I was able to see more clearly,  how much length I had retained when I took length check pictures. So I have decided to stretch my relaxers for 3 months at a time from now on. In 2012 I will only be relaxing my hair 4 times, compared to the present where I  relax my hair 6 times (every 2 months/8weeks) a year. At the moment I am in university, so I do not know how this might change later on when I get a full time job, but with everything in life we change and adjust. I have been wearing my hair in protective styles roughly 80% of the time. I did try bunning but combing my hair every day to put it in a bun is not the one for me, most days my hair is in two plaits and pinned up. I am 8 weeks post relaxer with alot of new growth, my hair is really thick. I have not seen anyone with hair as thick as mine on youtube or any hair blogs, For these persons whom I have seen their hair types and textures might be conducive to bunning every day, but  for my hair type it cannot work. Also after week 6 in my next stretch I wont be using coconut oil to moisturize my scalp/new growth anymore, instead I will be using Hairveda's Almond Glaze. I have a sample that I am using at the moment and this stuff is great. it keeps my new growth moisturized and helps it to lay down flat. I am going to try it a few more times though to make sure that it is not a fluke. If it works then I will be purchasing a full sized jar of it. I wont be using it on my freshly relaxed hair, because it is slightly thick and would just weigh my hair down, also it would be a waste of the product. I will begin using it from roughly week 6 to week 12 when the new growth is prevalent. I haven't had much shedding during this stretch, I am experiencing slight  breakage you know the little drabs from the ends, but that should be sorted out with a protein treatment, so I am not panicking or worried. My shower comb has been great during this time, along with my 2 other wide toothed combs.  
     I am undecided when to relax my hair lol, at first I wanted to relax my hair on the 31st December so that I would be fresh for the new year. However we don't have classes til the 16th January, and I don't want to show up the first day of class, which is a Monday with my head looking stale. Exams are from the 2nd January til the 14th of January so everybody usually looks a hot mess inCORporated during those two weeks.  Next problem is that My birthday is the 25th of January, and I usually get my hair done fresh for my birthday, that would mean me relaxing around the 21/21nd January. I have narrowed  it down to next relaxer being anytime between the 16th -22nd January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...