Saturday, August 04, 2012

Review - Avene Hydrance Optimale spf 20

        Now that I have told you about my cleanser, toner  and night time treatment that I am currently using, it is time to introduce those products work for me during the day. The #1 anti-age-ing skin product is SPF, sunblock, suncream whatever you want to call it. If you want to be looking at svelte and youthful in your latter years it is important to not only invest in a good skincare regime (which I am currently trying to do) but to also invest in some sunblock. 
     The harsh rays from the sun burn not only the top layer of skin but the under laying layer as well --------> this is what causes ageing. Not any old suncreeam will do, the one you choose to put ony our face and body must be a BROAD SPECTRUM sunscreen, meaning that it contains not only UVA but UVB protection as well. 



What Avene says:
Gentle, creamy moisturiser that restores skin;s hydration and helps protect it against environmental and UV aggressors. 


What I say:
     When you read the packaging it says for sensitive skin, however my skin is also oily, so at first I was apprehensive about trying it on. I later got over my trepidation and applied some of the cream, the formula was very light, easy to spread and it sank into my skin quickly. Another thing that I do love about this hydrating cream, is that even with its fairly high spf number, it does not leave my face with a greyish tinge, or a white circle where my hairline meets my face. I use this on days when the weather is overcast and then on days that are bright and sunny I wear Nivea Sun spf. 
      A little goes a long way with this product,  which I have tried and tested for myself. The cream comes in a little handy 40ml tube , so it has been very easy for me to pop this into my bag to apply on the go, or to re-apply as and when it is needed. Please note that between the time i acquired this product and presentday the level of spf has increased from 20  -----> spf 25.

Would I recommend? - yes
Would I repurchse? - yes (though this was given to me as a gift)
would I buy full priced? - Yes it is def worth it, skin protection in a light easy to use formula.

Miss Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...