Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Review - Avene Cleanance Soap Free Cleanser



What Avene says:
Ultra mild cleansign gel for blemish prone skin. Helps to purify the skin and regulate oil secretion. 
- deep cleansing actions purifies the skin without stripping
- PH 7.2 respects the skin;s natural balance, minimising the trigger of excess sebum production (aka when you strip the skin , it dries out then you get that tight tight feeling, and you skin products oil to moisturise itself)
- Pleasant fragrance tolerated by sensitive skin
- soap free
- Avene Thermal spring water to soothe and soften skin. 
- Hyper allergenic and non comedogenic.

How to use: 
Apply AM/PM to a moistened face, lather, rinse thoroughly and pat dry. follow with Cleanance Anti shine regulating lotion, Cleanance-Ac, or Cleanance K Oil control lotion. 

What I say:
     This cleanser is a good cleanser, note I said cleanser. It does not strip my skin or leaves it feeling tight when I am finished cleansing my face. My skin looks clean, feels clean, and is clean. This product cannot be used as a makeup remover, nor does it have any other uses. It is a very very very thick formula, though I follow the Rene Rouleau method of applying cleansers to a dry face, I had to moisten my face with this product. When I first started to use the soap free gel cleanser, I had a really hard time spreading it around my face, when I applied it dry. It has the same kind of top as the Mattifying lotion however it is easy to control the amount of product that comes out since the formula is so thick. After roughly 4 months of constant use I still have just over 1/2 a bottle left, it is definitely value for money  a little bit goes a longggggggggggggggggg way. As a cleanser I have enjoyed using this product, it controls the oils on my face, leaves my skin nice and plump, it cleans my skin well.

     The method I devised to use this product goes like this ---> wet hands under tap, shakes of excess water off hands, pats face with hands, applies pea sized amount of cleanser to hands, rubs hands together then apply cleanser to face massaging in for 2 minutes, then remove cleanser with muslin cloth. (then I repeat this entire process).

Would I reccomend? - Yes for someone who has oily skin, which is sensitive to allergic reactions/cystic acne. I would especially recommend for my teenagers, with acne prone skin.
Would I repurchase? - Yes (however after this bottle is finished I will be trying some products  for hyper -pigmentation to treat my spots/scarring)
Would I buy full priced? - Yes 


Miss Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...