Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review - Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructurizer



What Aphogee says:
   Keratin and Green tea Restructurizer: strengthens instantly, Builds body and protects colour and chemical services.

   Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer is the ultimate one step strengthening treatment. this Alcohol free formula combines the benefits of keratin protein with the anti-oxidant properties of green tea to protect and repair. Aphogee keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer bonds into the hair shaft with heat from the body or styling. Regular use on porous, damaged  hair adds body, prevents breakage, controls frizz and helps preserve hair colour and chemical services.

What I say:
     My beloved protein spray. I must admit Aphogee products scare the bejesus out of me, I have heard so many stories and read so many reviews about protein overload from using that line. I was even dubious about using this at first. After I got over that initial scepticism mainly because of Ladee Elle's endorsement this product. She also recommended the Mane n Tail leave in conditioner but I have never seen that in any of the hair shops I have visited.  I picked this up in November of 2010 and I have been using this every time I wash my hair. This product has lasted me for 2 years. Now in the grand scale of product use, I do not know if that is unheard of. It has helped my hair, since using this I saw less breakage, my hair wasn't as stretchy as it would be sometimes, after a wash/deep condition. 

Method: (after wash/deep condition)
I would part my hair in 4 sections at the back and spray two spray on each section, spraying from the ends in an upward motion. The front would also get the same 4 sections and spraying method. 

I think this product has been mis-sold to the public. The title it says Keratin and Green Tea --> to me that would indicate there is more keratin in this product than green tea. If you thought that as well you are WRONG. Green Tea is the 2nd ingredient and Hydrolized wheat protein is the 3rd ingredient, Keratin is actually listed as the 10th ingredient. So basically this is some green tea with a little protein in it. lol lol Some say that tea has strengthening properties, and tea rinses are quite popular in the relaxed hair community. (I still haven't tried this, but I will. I am still trying to recover from the oil rinsing debaucle)

Overall it is a good product in my opinion and it has helped and I would recommend to friends to purchase. 
Would I buy it again, Yes I would if the protein spray I am using now does not work out
Would I buy it full priced? - Yes 

Miss Mai
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...