Friday, September 14, 2012

Review - Palmers Damask Rose and Musk shower gel


Palmers Savonniers since 1898 that is a longgggggggggggg time to be making soap. 
Recently with little coercion from my roomate I went halves with her and purchased the REN Morrocan Rose Otto body wash (we got 2 for £17). On a browse through my local supermarket I came across the Palmers Damask Rose and Musk shower gel and realised that both products smelled very very similar. I picked one of these up since it was on offer (99p) to compare and contrast with my Rose Otto body wash, for several reasons the main one being that even though the REN Morrocan Rose Otto smells divine £17 a month for a shower gel is excessive in my opinion. 



What they say:
        This shower gel is infused with extract of natural Damask Rose, whose soft blossoms have been used in perfumery for centuries. It's flowery, aromatic blend with musky notes leaves your skin pleasantly fragranced. 


What I say:
        The Palmers Damask Rose and Musk shower gel has a great smell, which is similar but not totally comparable to the REN Morrocan Rose Otto body wash. It is not overpowering nor does not linger long after use. The product lathers quite well and did not dry out my skin. Palmers products are not overly expensive and the price for this shower gel @ £2 full price is great. 

My only query is in the formulation I do believe that the handwash AND the shower gel are made from the same ingredients in the same order. Which is a bit grrr, however as a product it does deliver what it says that it would do. There is a rumour around the blogshpere that there is a body lotion as well to complement this range of products but I have not seen it. 


Would I recommend? - Yes 
Would I purchase full priced? - mmm have to think about that sine Palmolive products are always on offer
would I repurchase? - Yes 

xx

2 comments:

  1. Palmolive Damask Rose does smell as good as you say. Its fragrance and lather is better than the Morrocan Rose collection sold at The Body Shop, and is cheaper by £8.00. Damask Rose wins, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palmolive Damask Rose does smell as good as you say. Its fragrance and lather is better than the Morrocan Rose collection sold at The Body Shop, and is cheaper by £8.00. Damask Rose wins, hands down.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...